[Kimchi-devel] UI Mockup of Guest Snapshot

Yu Xin Huo huoyuxin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Nov 14 10:04:49 UTC 2014

what is the response of https://9.123.141.22:8001/vms/windows-01/snapshots?

>   * When the user clicks on the button "+", a snapshot should be
>     created right away. I don't think we should let them choose a name
>     when creating a snapshot. Just to make things simpler for them.
>     Later the user should be able to rename the snapshots, so that the
>     text field and the floppy disk button won't exist for now.
>     Currently, the backend doesn't support snapshot renaming.

As snapshot is a capture of vm state, I think only those milestone vm
states will be captured as snapshot.
So name is quite key for user to identify that milestone, personally, I
will always tend to specify a name when create a snapshot.
Compare with 'name', I think 'creation' time is not that important at
all, but good to have.

>   * There could be another column displaying the creation time (i.e.
>     the field 'created' in the snapshot JSON structure). That's a very
>     important information when talking about snapshots. In the mockup
>     example, we can see the time the snapshot was created because the
>     time is in its name, but that won't be the case forever, the user
>     will be able to rename the snapshot.

How to get the creation time?

>   * I think there should be a visual indication of the current
>     snapshot. I thought about adding a different icon (like the

1) how to get current snapshot.
2) for a vm that is always in use, the time it is reverted to a certain
snapshot, the time update is already made to vm.
     The longer the vm is used, the longer the vm is far from that
snapshot, what is the significance to track to the snapshot that is
lastly reverted to?