[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] UI to allow user adds disks from different pools to a Template

Aline Manera alinefm at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Oct 13 16:04:41 UTC 2014

On 10/09/2014 06:37 AM, Wen Wang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have the following suggestions of this work item.
>
> I agree with Aline's proposal that we should display the "Edit
> Template" dialogue the same way as "Edit Guest" in tabs.
> Considering that we are going to add another function to allow users
> attaching multiple disks to template, My proposal
> is to devide the "Edit Guest" into tabs:

I think you meant "Edit Template", right? =)

> 1) General: includes the basic information of the template. Items
> included under this tab are:
>     --Name
>     --Vendor
>     --Version
>     --CPU Number
>     --Memory
>     --CDROM
>     --Graphics

I think CDROM should be displayed in the Storage tab (as we did on "Edit
Guest")
In future, we could allow user specify more than one CDROM on a Template.

And we also need to consider, the user can create a template using a
Image file, ie, there would not be a CDROM drive. But user may want to
add one too.

> 2) Storage: Associated storage information of the template(Multiple
> lines with title of these two indicates multiple volumes)
>     --Storage Pool
>     --Disk(GB)

As we discussed on last scrum meeting, the disk size should not be
available for iSCSI and SCSI pools.