[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] Mock of new "Edit Template" dialogue

Wen Wang wenwang at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Oct 14 03:24:51 UTC 2014

On 10/14/2014 01:49 AM, Aline Manera wrote:

I am thinking is it possible that we add the function to add volumes
to"Edit Template" whether it's iSCSI or not, I think that will meet our
goal. In which way, I think *Move iSCSI/SCSI volume selection to VM
creation instead of Template view(wenwang)* will not be needed since 1)
it's consistent to have all the configuration set in template including
the volumes now. 2) If we still want to choose iSCSI/SCSI volume when
creating a guest, it looks weird since we enable multiple volumes to a
guest and just adding iSCSI/SCSI when creating a guest might be
confusing the users.

> In addition to comments in the previous mail:
>
> - As we will follow the same design on "Edit guest" let's keep the UI
> style the same. Specially on "Storage" and "Network" tabs for input
> and combo box styles.
Sure for the input box. But we don't have combobox in "Edit guest", do
you think we should keep this style or we can use a simple one. Besides
the one I posted, there are two choices of the combobox that can be chosen:

Those two looks light weighted. Kimchi is using the one in the mock up
and ginger is using the right one above. For the consistance concern, I
prefer one in the mock up but I am open for comments and suggestions.

> - On "Storage" and "Network" tabs when adding a new drive we should
> display the default values to user.
ACK