[Kimchi-devel] A question about iSCSI storage pool

Yu Xin Huo huoyuxin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Sep 19 07:01:48 UTC 2014

I tried it again today and found below:

1. I can create 2 templates with the same volume of iSCSI storage pool.
2. I can create 2 guests with the same template configured against a
volume of iSCSI storage pool.

I think both the design and implementation have problems

1. For template, as it need to be used to create multiple guests,
resources there must be collection like network/storage pool, should not
be a volume.
2. As volume need to support both read/write, we need to avoid 2 guests
use the same volume as boot disk.

Recommended design:

1. In template, when edit, only list storage pool, remove iscsi pool
volumes there.
2. When create guest, once user selected the template, if it is iscsi,
add a section with a dropdown list for user to select volume, for volume
already in use, filter them out.