[Kimchi-devel] Kimchi 1.3 is released!

Aline Manera alinefm at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Sep 25 20:53:22 UTC 2014

On behalf of everyone who has worked hard on this release, I am pleased
to announce the availability of *Kimchi 1.3*!

This release adds many new features including:

   ✔ Guest access based on users and groups
   ✔ Discovery of other Kimchi servers on the same network
       ✔ Check README-federation for more details
   ✔ Template based on image files
   ✔ iSCSI pool: Discover available iSCSI targets given an iSCSI server
   ✔ Debug report renaming
   ✔ Download file to storage pool
   ✔ Partial translation for the following languages::
       ✔ Traditional Chinese
       ✔ Russian
       ✔ Korean
       ✔ Japanese
       ✔ Italian
       ✔ French
       ✔ Spanish
       ✔ German

We have worked hard to ensure that Kimchi runs well on the most popular
Linux distributions including: Fedora 20, Ubuntu 14.04, openSUSE 13.1,
RHEL 6.5
and RHEL7. Kimchi uses standard Linux interfaces so it should run well
on many
other distributions too.

You can easily grab this release in tarball format or via git:
   ✔ https://github.com/kimchi-project/kimchi/archive/1.3.0.tar.gz
   ✔ git clone https://github.com/kimchi-project/kimchi.git

There are also some packages available at:
http://kimchi-project.github.io/kimchi/downloads/

Go ahead! Give it a try and let us know what you think!

Regards,
Aline Manera