[Kimchi-devel] Kimchi UI design proposals

Don S. Spangler donspang at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Sep 30 17:40:36 UTC 2014

I recently created a page on the Kimchi wiki (UI Design Proposals
<https://github.com/kimchi-project/kimchi/wiki/UI-Design-Proposals>)
around developing a set of UI design proposals with the following goals:

  * Provide a complete user interface and visual style for all major
    tabs and tasks
  * Maintain clean design and interactions in keeping with Kimchi directions
  * Design flexible framework to allow for consistency when adding new
    capabilities
  * Enable design to support responsiveness and touch / mobile (tablet /
    phone) interactions

We plan on making iterative updates to the screens and would like to
open it up to feedback. The initial focus has been the major content
areas (host, guest, template, storage, and networks) and will be working
on details of the interactions, including page level blueprints. The
layouts to support responsiveness are particularly important and would
be part of the next updates.

We look forward to your feedback, including areas that may need more
clarification and issues around implementation.

Thanks!

Don Spangler