[Kimchi-devel] Kimchi UI Design Update

Christy Perez christy at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jan 6 16:25:36 UTC 2015

Hi Don,

I'm always excited to see the new designs! As with the last one review I
had, I think these are really great. I do have some questions about the
storage views:

- In the gallery view, what are the Status & Filter boxes for?
- Related to that, the Filter View -- can you explain how that works?
Maybe a couple more images would clarify these first two items for me.
- Also in the gallery view, Could we flip the order of the disks' titles
and values (e.g. Raw, Volume, 9 GB, 20 GB under Format, Type,
Allocation, Capacity)? I was a little thrown when I saw those, before I
realized that one was a list of headings, and underneath were values --
especially since the ones on top are bold, and that's what I'm used to
seeing for table headings.
- I think this may have come up before (so, sorry if I'm just forgetting
the reason), but why have both Volumes and Disks as columns?

Thanks,

- Christy