[Kimchi-devel] New branches upstream

Aline Manera alinefm at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jun 29 22:13:11 UTC 2015

Hi all,

As we decided for a stabilization release after 1.5, I will create a new
branch named 'next' to apply the patches not related to bug fixes.
Once we get 1.5.1 released, the 'next' branch will be merged into 'master'

I will also create the 'wok' branch to handle the wok framework and the
new UI development.
I want to use the 1.5.1 time frame to test as much as we can the wok
framework and the new UI we can release all that right after 1.5.1

- master: current release development
- next <https://github.com/kimchi-project/kimchi/tree/next>: new features
- wok <https://github.com/kimchi-project/kimchi/tree/wok>: disruptive
features (wok framework + new UI)

The current 'wok' branch is a copy of the master branch.
I am working with Lucio to get the new UI patches merged with the 'wok'
patches so we can update the upstream branch accordingly.

Regards,
Aline Manera