[Kimchi-devel] Guest disk: Allocate storage volume when attaching disk to vm

Aline Manera alinefm at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Nov 17 13:38:57 UTC 2015

On 16/11/2015 15:05, Samuel Henrique De Oliveira Guimaraes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m bit confused here. This is the current workflow:
>
> ·1 – CD-ROM:
>
> ·2 – File Path
>
> ·1 – Disk:
>
> ·2 – Storage Pool (List in Select element / Combobox)
>
> ·3 – Storage Volume (List in Select element / Combobox of available
> volumes)
>
> Then the new design is:
>
> ·1 – CD-ROM:
>
> ·2 – File Path
>
> ·1 – Disk:
>
> ·2 – Radio button: Create a new disk image
>
> ·2 – Radio button: Select existing disk image
>
> ·3 – Radio Button – Existing Storage Pool (List in Select element /
> Combobox)
>
> 1.4 - Storage Volume (List in Select element / Combobox of available
> volumes)
>
> ·3 – Radio Button – New Volume
>
> 1.4 – New Volume
>
> Is that right?

Almost there:

We are proposing the following:

3. New volume
     3.1 Select pool to create the new volume
     3.2 Specify volume capacity

In both case, new disk or existing disk, the user must select the
storage pool.
For a new disk, we **don't list** iSCSI and SCSI pools (as they are
read-only). But from an existing disk, we can list all pools.