[Kimchi-devel] UI Extension Proposal - Same Action on Multiple List Elements

Samuel Henrique De Oliveira Guimaraes samuel.guimaraes at eldorado.org.br
Thu Oct 8 19:24:12 UTC 2015

Hi team,

When I was updating wok.grid.js and I asked Atreeye to create wok.list.js we discussed if we should set a parameter to choose between action buttons on top or left of each item (in case we had only wok.grid.js) or create this new widget for the Debug Reports and Repositories. However, when I implemented this in the new-ui and started playing with these buttons, I noticed some anti-patterns.
If you look into the attached images (debug_reports.jpg and repositories.jpg), you can see that the active line enters in the "selected" state. When you click outside this area, the list item keeps selected but the drop-down menu is hidden. In addition to that, the "Add / Generate" buttons are in the panel context, not just the active item on the lists. I'm attaching a mockup with these buttons on top and the context menus on the left (button_top.jpg).
There's also the iOS pattern that is recommended on the mobile mockups that Susan forwarded to me (mobile.jpg). If we agree that the mobile design should take this pattern, then we'll have to update wok.grid.js and merge with wok.list.js, adding the suggested behavior for mobile devices. I think we can use the same pattern on the desktop, but there are some points that we should agree before we start developing it. For instance, if I select multiple repositories and one of them is disabled and the other ones enabled, I believe we should have action links such as "Enable All / Disable all". For Debug Reports, I'm not sure If iOS allows to download files so we could show a "Download All" only for Android devices.

Regards,
Samuel