[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] Add support for Macvtap and Linux Bridge

Ramon Medeiros ramonn at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Oct 15 13:15:19 UTC 2015

Kimchi today creates network pool using macvtap. Now, we want the user
to choose if it want Linux Bridge or macvtap.

If you want to understand the pros and cons of this features, we can see
here: https://github.com/kimchi-project/kimchi/wiki/Create-guest-network

Proposal:

Add "mode" option when creating a network pool.

If macvtap is choosed, keep the actual procedure.

If bridge is choosed, create linux bridge using net commands(brctl) and
create network pool pointing to the new bridge.

Create tests for this.

--

Ramon Nunes Medeiros
Kimchi Developer