[Kimchi-devel] Issue #744

Chandra Shehkhar Reddy Potula chandra at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Oct 28 17:23:03 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I need your input on the directory location (for debug reports and
objectstore files) for new plugin gingerbase. Issue #744 is because of
usage of /var/lib/kimchi directory.

Kimchi uses the location /var/lib/kimchi for objectstore, isos,
screenshots and so on...

When I was coming up the new plugin gingerbase based on the inputs on
below tickets, I tried to use same directory (/var/lib/kimchi) for the
compatibility reasons.
https://github.com/kimchi-project/kimchi/issues/721
https://github.com/kimchi-project/kimchi/issues/738

Now I feel that we should think about this carefully and pick the right
location for objectstore and debug reports of new plugin gingerbase.

I am thinking of two options here due to the fact that plugin kimchi
instruction might destroy the path location /var/lib/kimchi
1. /var/lib/wok
or
2. /var/lib/gingerbase

Based on your inputs I will fix issue #744.

Thanks and Regards
Chandra