[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] Issue #650 - Kimchi & Network Manager

Suresh Babu Angadi sureshab at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Sep 1 06:02:14 UTC 2015

Hi,
This is the information displayed when clicked "+" button in "network"
tab with Network Manager enabled/running- "The bridged VLAN tag may not
work well with NetworkManager enabled. You should consider disabling it."

Are we advising end user to block Network Manager permanently? or only
in certain circumstances we ask user to disable network manager
temporarily? If former case, then how about the scenarios in which the
user relays on network manager to do certain network operations? If it
is the later case, then how about the configuration changes made by
Network Manager for the bridge or vlan created by kimchi?

I am not sure about the history behind disabling the network manager. I
suppose Kimchi should not stop end user from using other network tools,
at the same time tool should easily pick up any configuration done out
side of the tool.