[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] Issue #650 - Kimchi & Network Manager

Daniel Henrique Barboza dhbarboza82 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 13:08:33 UTC 2015

On 09/01/2015 03:02 AM, Suresh Babu Angadi wrote:

> Are we advising end user to block Network Manager permanently?
No. We are advising the user to exercise caution with NetworkManager in
these scenarios.

It is a known fact that NetworkManager started support native bridge and
bonding only in F20*. This Kimchi feature must be supported on older
distros such as RHEL 7.1 that has older NetworkManager versions that
doesn't have this native support.

This is why we have this warning. The user can proceed with the
operation with NetworkManager on, but he's on his own.

*
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/20/html/Release_Notes/sect-Release_Notes-Changes_for_Desktop.html#networking