[Kimchi-devel] [WOK RFC] Update objectstore information while migrating to new structure.

Paulo Ricardo Paz Vital pvital at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Sep 29 14:52:15 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-09-29 at 11:37 -0300, Aline Manera wrote:
> Hi Paulo,
>
> Good catch!
>
> I also found a similar issue related to the virtual machines.
> We currently save the OS icon for each guest in the objectstore.
> Originally, it refereed to /images/icon-<os>.png and this path
> changed
> in the wok+kimchi infrastructure to /plugins/kimchi/images/icon
> -<os>.png
> So while loading the the guests tab a lot of JS errors are displayed
> because /images/icon-<os>.png returns 404.

Hum! That explain why I'm not seeing the distros logos anymore :-P

> I liked your idea and we could do it on RPM/DEB post installation,
> but
> in this case, users running from local source would not be able to
> get
> the database updated.
> So probably, on Kimchi starting up would be better. We just need to
> make
> sure the code would run once to update the database. For that we can
> add
> a tag to the database to identified it is already updated or not.

Yeah, the idea is to execute it once when Wok with Kimchi as plugin
start up. The idea of tag is nice, and it's similar to what I was
planning to do. May be we can store the version of the database (same
version of the Kimchi running) and then it's executed only once.