[Kimchi-devel] [Wok][RFC] Issue 104 Multi-culture support for formatting numbers and datetime

Aline Manera alinefm at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Apr 28 13:47:15 UTC 2016

Hi Pooja,

I think we need to mix those 2 approaches.

I agree we need to have a separated drop down menu for locale (option
2). And it can work the same way the language drop menu works.

When user accesses Wok for the first time, Wok gets the browser language
and checks if it is part of those 11 languages we have translations for.
If so, Wok uses that language to load the UI. If not, it falls back to
English.

The browser language can be overridden by the language drop down menu,
which creates a browser cookie to store the user selection. So after
choosing one language from the drop down menu, that will be used for the
next accesses to Wok. But if user clears the browser cookies, it will
get back the browser language.

We could do the same for locale IMO.

Regards,
Aline Manera