[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] Issue #585: 'make clean' does not revert its changes from 'make rpm'

Bianca Carvalho bianca at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Aug 8 14:34:13 UTC 2016

Reproducing the issue locally, when I run 'make rpm' and 'git status'
the following files are listed:

modified:   ChangeLog
modified:   po/de_DE.po
modified:   po/en_US.po
modified:   po/es_ES.po
modified:   po/fr_FR.po
modified:   po/it_IT.po
modified:   po/ja_JP.po
modified:   po/kimchi.pot
modified:   po/ko_KR.po
modified:   po/pt_BR.po
modified:   po/ru_RU.po
modified:   po/zh_CN.po
modified:   po/zh_TW.po

To solve that problem, there are two possible solutions:

1- Files changed at runtime will have the following format:
     - For example: ChangeLog, I will keep a tracked one at
ChangeLog.am, and the file generate by make command, ChangeLog, will not
be tracked (and be added to .gitignore).

2- include following command to Makefile.am: git clean -df & git reset
--hard, to remove untracked files from the working tree and to revert
files changes.

I would like to make sure which one (or any other solution) would be the
best in this case and why not use any of them.

Thanks,

Bianca