[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] Issue #802 - Update list of remote templates

Ramon Medeiros ramonn at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Aug 12 19:05:34 UTC 2016

Propose:
Unless has a set of distro isos, use an algorithm to query new ISOs from
repositories and display them when creating new templates.

Ways to implement it:

1) Add a script that queries the ISOS everytime we lookup at template
list. In the past, we've got a PoC from Cristian Viana, saying that it
could take a while
(https://github.com/kimchi-project/kimchi/issues/605#issuecomment-78279706).

2) We can run the script when starting wok, and write the output to a
dictonary. The only problem will be servers that did not reboot.

I would like to have a way that we can run the script in parallel, like
refreshing the cache between some periods.

--

Ramon Nunes Medeiros
Kimchi Developer
ramonn at br.ibm.com