[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] Do not delete storage pool with storage volumes assigned to guests

Ramon Medeiros ramonn at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Aug 22 14:51:11 UTC 2016

Propose:
Return error when a storage pool is marked to be deleted, but it has a
storage volume assigned to it.

Issues:

1) Nowadays, to delete a storage pool, it must be inactive. To list
storage volumes, the storage pool need to be active, so, kimchi must
turn it on before querying. The issue is: The storage pool can be handle
this way? Can we get trouble with network pools, like nfs?

2) Querying storagevolumes by XML can generate a lot of errors. I did
the following algorithm:
Get storage pool path -> list all domains -> Compare if storage volumes
starts with storage pool path

But, not all volumes inside the directory of storage pool belongs to it
(there is a example of this case at unit tests). And, as kimchi will
support creating volumes outside a pool, this checking will not work.

How we can fix this?

--

Ramon Nunes Medeiros
Kimchi Developer