[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] Feature: Show boot menu for a guest #467

Daniel Henrique Barboza dhbarboza82 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 14:13:02 UTC 2016

On 07/11/2016 11:26 AM, Ramon Medeiros wrote:
> Propose: Add bootmenu at guest startup
>
> Questions about it:
>
> Add bootmenu by default on guest creation, or, create a entry at REST
> API to enable/disable it, and also change the timeout?

In my opinion we can do exactly what it is proposed in
https://github.com/kimchi-project/kimchi/issues/467:

"We can add a small check box on the Template tab to allow the boot
menu to appear for a guest."

The timeout can be hardcoded to 3-5 seconds. I don't see much
value into making this timeout configurable.

One thing to check is whether this option works for all archs and if
there is no drawback or limitations of the current features we support
(clone, migration, etc) when adding it.

Daniel