[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] Kimchi is logging out due to session timeout even when user is typing or using the webpage #133

Paulo Ricardo Paz Vital pvital at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jul 19 22:26:38 UTC 2016

On Jul 19 09:55AM, Ramon Medeiros wrote:
> Proposal:
>
> Return the remaining time for the end of the session by REST API. This will
> add a functionality in the UI, that will popup a warning asking if user
> wants to keep it logged.
>
> More information on issue: https://github.com/kimchi-project/wok/issues/133
>
> Doubts:
> How i will return this on the header?

Not sure, but googling a little bit I found that HTTP Response Header
has a field called 'Expires':

For more information about Response Header Fields:

> Where timeout of authentication (session) is ?

'session_timeout' is a variable present in Wok's configuration file
(src/wok.conf.in line 27) and set in src/wok/config.py.in (line 273).
You can get it's value in backend, just importing wok.config and reading
it's value:

import wok.config as config
session_timeout = config.config.get("server", "session_timeout")

> --
>
> Ramon Nunes Medeiros
> Kimchi Developer
> Linux Technology Center Brazil