[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] Move some error messages and notifications to Notifications API

Samuel Henrique De Oliveira Guimaraes samuel.guimaraes at eldorado.org.br
Fri Jun 3 11:13:19 UTC 2016

I'm investigating a problem when uploading volumes to Storage Pools and switching tabs and I was thinking that some messages should be available no matter which tab the user is currently on. For instance, If I'm cloning or migrating a guest, uploading a volume or copying a volume from a remote host etc. and switch tabs, I should know if the task failed without having to switch back to the tab I started this action. Currently we have to do this because only when the browser goes through a function that lists the ongoing tasks inside these tabs that it will receive the error messages. However, if I have a modal window opened, it wouldn't make sense to show a message that has a different context from this opened window.
I think that a good solution for this problem would be Notification API for browsers that already support it:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/notification

Support is relatively good:

http://caniuse.com/#search=notifications

Thanks,