[Kimchi-devel] Wok Debian/Ubuntu integration

Aline Manera alinefm at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue May 3 19:57:31 UTC 2016

Hi Frederic,

Sorry for the delay.
My comments inline below:

On 04/18/2016 02:37 PM, Frederic Bonnard wrote:
> Hi,
> with the new version 2.1.0 of wok/kimchi/gingerbase, I updated my packaging.
> I'm still having a few issues and as there is a github issue concerning
> having wok related projects inside Ubuntu, I'd like to share some concerns
> so far. Here are the details :
> https://github.com/kimchi-project/wok/issues/25#issuecomment-211483696
>
> - For the "relative URLs" issue, I've got some packages done and installed.
>    Anyone could help on fixing those ? I've got a server I can give access to a wok
>    developer, or I can send the .deb to someone willing to install them on his
>    machine.

I can help with testing and bug fixes. Please, share the server details
to me or send me the .deb file, which is better to you.

> - For the second issue, is it worth I send an updated patch against wok, or do you
>    see other ways of doing to disable launching a specific instance of nginx ?

I think we have 2 topics to cover here.

1. Make nginx optional

2. Make wok using an existing nginx instance

I think the 2. should be easier to do but I am not that nginx expert so
I will need to investigate a solution.