[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] [Kimchi] First pass Edit Virtual Network

Lucio Correia luciojhc at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon May 16 20:32:13 UTC 2016

On 16-05-2016 17:19, Socorro Stoppler wrote:
> Hi Lucio,
>
> Thank you for your feedback :)
ywc

> -Socorro
>
> On 05/16/2016 12:48 PM, Lucio Correia wrote:
>> Hi Socorro,
>>
>> Remember to fix this before sending final version:
>> warning: 4 lines add whitespace errors.
>>
>> My observations testing the UI:
>>
>> 1) I'm unable to rename a macvtap, vepa or bridged network, because
>> "Destination" shows "Nothing selected" and there is no other option
>> there, probably because the only option is in use by this own macvtap
>> network.
> In general, maybe if there are no entries being returned for the
> Destination, I should disable the Save button.

Here, my suggestion in general would be to send to backend only the data
that user changes. The problem I faced is that I only changed the name
and it is sending the contents in destination as well, which is empty
and causes the failure.

Also, it would be nice to show the interface(s) currently being used by
that network. If the same interface(s) are still selected when save
button is pressed, that info may or may not be sent to backend as part
of the update.

>> 2) Updating bridged networks, including VLAN_ID, is working fine. :)
>   I'm glad to hear that bridged works as that was the one I wasn't able
> to test.

The only thing here is that you need to remember to disable
NetworkManager to do the tests.

--
Lucio Correia
Software Engineer