[Kimchi-devel] [RFC] All plug-ins: accessibility changes in wok.message

Daniel Henrique Barboza dhbarboza82 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 20:55:47 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

There is an accessibility issue in WoK concerning all messages launched
by wok.message method:

https://github.com/kimchi-project/wok/issues/79

Problem is that the message may disappear and the user might lose
information.
If we increase the timeout too much then the message becomes an annoyance.

My proposal is to make *all* messages closeable by user interaction. This is
made at this moment by the 'closeable' flag in the method:

wok.message = function(msg, level, node, closeable, onclick)

What I want to do is to get rid of the 'closeable' flag, together with
the code that makes the message fade with timeout. After that,
all WoK messages from all plug-ins would have the "X" icon
to be closed manually.

This will require changes in all plug-ins that instantiate any wok.message.*
method. I am willing to do those changes too.

Thoughts?