[Kimchi-devel] Wok Notifications using Notifications API

Lucio Correia luciojhc at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon May 23 20:52:02 UTC 2016

On 23-05-2016 13:12, Samuel Henrique De Oliveira Guimaraes wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> I was wondering if we could update wok.message.notification to support
> HTML5 Notification API:
>
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/notification
>
> For now the support is restricted to Chrome and Firefox and Edge 14
> (latest Windows 10 update. I think this feature could be very valuable
> to Kimchi / Ginger users.

I believe it's a good solution. We just need to confirm the browser
support is complaint with our needs.

Also, perhaps we need some documentation to make user aware she needs to
give permission in browser to receive notifications.

This will also fix Wok issue 109 I was looking at. Samuel, feel free to
take it in case this RFC is approved.

Thanks,
--
Lucio Correia