[Kimchi-devel] Minor Issue with Deb packages on Ubuntu 16.4LTS

WK wkmail at bneit.com
Tue Apr 25 22:01:47 UTC 2017

On 4/25/17 12:57 PM, Aline Manera wrote:

> About that version 'issue' you are seeing, it may be because kimchi
> and ginger packages are included in the Ubuntu official repositories
> but on older versions.
> Not sure why apt is not showing the right installed version of them
> though.
>
>> Again these are clean MINIMAL installs from ISO.
>>
>> We rely on the apt-get -f install to pick up all the dependancies,
>> which works fine (assuming you first install nginx).
>
> About the nginx issue (need to install it first) I will take a look on
> it and turn back to you.

Hmm, I wonder if the two issues are related.

Anyway, its a very low priority bug and we have a bulletproof workaround
(i.e. just install NGINX first), so please don't waste any time on it on
our behalf. Maybe even a note in the readme.txt file would suffice.

Most users are probably not doing minimal installs on Ubuntu 16 or they
are upgrading an existing installation.

i just reported it because it was a head scratcher for us and I wanted
to put something in the archives in case someone did trip across it,
allowing them to 'google' a fix.

-bill