[Kimchi-devel] LTS distro support?

Aline Manera alinefm at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jan 30 14:41:04 UTC 2017

Hi,

Thanks for your contact. It is always a pleasure to get information
about who is using Kimchi.

Usually we make an effort to test Kimchi in the latest version of
Fedora, CentOS, openSUSE and Ubuntu available on time of a new Kimchi
release.
We are trying now to get it tested on Debian too as it is required to
get the Kimchi package available in the official Ubuntu repositories.

(When I say 'we' I am talking about the most active developers in Kimchi
community)

It would be good to have Kimchi supported on a Ubuntu LTS version as
well, but for that we will need a developer continually using it to
report and fix the issues and, we don't have one today.
Can you help us on that? Maybe get someone validating Kimchi time by
time on a Ubuntu LTS version and report the issues found.
That way we can have a better view on what is needed to make the Ubuntu
LTS support reality.

Please, feel free to share your thoughts on that and how we can join
efforts to make it happen.

Regards,
Aline Manera