[Kimchi-devel] LTS distro support?

wk wkmail at bneit.com
Tue Jan 31 04:11:54 UTC 2017

On 1/30/2017 6:41 AM, Aline Manera wrote:

> It would be good to have Kimchi supported on a Ubuntu LTS version as
> well, but for that we will need a developer continually using it to
> report and fix the issues and, we don't have one today.
> Can you help us on that? Maybe get someone validating Kimchi time by
> time on a Ubuntu LTS version and report the issues found.

I am happy to help out.

Just tell me what you need as I'm more of a sysadmin then a developer,
but I'm happy to run tests and I actually have some lab Dell 2950s with
32GB of RAM that could be tasked for your purposes.

The most recent debs, I looked at (2.3.1) worked fine on 16.04 LTS and
installed without issue.  They are stock minimal U16.04LTS with your
debs installed.

If you have newer ones send me a link and I'll see how they work.

To date, we've not had any 'issues' with any of the U16 hosts that have
been deployed.

The only complaint that I would have at the moment is that if kimchi is
allowed to create a qcow2 image its the older 0.10 version and we have
to use qemu-img amend to turn it into 1.1 but that isn't OS specific <Grin>

Sincerely,

William Kern