[Kimchi-devel] Wok 2.5 and Kimchi 2.5 are now released!

Aline Manera alinefm at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jul 3 00:08:36 UTC 2017

On behalf of everyone who has worked hard on this release, I am pleased
to announce the availability of *Wok 2.5* and *Kimchi 2.5*!

Kimchi 2.5 depends on *Wok 2.5*! So make sure to have both of them properly
installed in your system.

Among many features,

Wok 2.5 release includes:
           ✔ Allow Wok server discover others on same subnet (Check: README-federation.md for more details)
           ✔ Remove OpenSans fonts need
           ✔ Bug fixes

Kimchi 2.5 release includes:
           ✔ Does not depend on Ginger Base anymore
           ✔ Remove OpenSans fonts need
           ✔ Move federation feature to Wok
           ✔ Bug fixes

We have worked hard to ensure that Wok and Kimchi run well on the most
popular Linux distributions including: Fedora 25, Ubuntu 17.04,
openSUSE LEAP 42.2, and CentOS 7. They use standard Linux interfaces so
it should run well on many other distributions too.

You can easily grab this release in tarball format or via git:
            ✔ https://github.com/kimchi-project/wok/archive/2.5.0.tar.gzhttps://github.com/kimchi-project/kimchi/archive/2.5.0.tar.gz

            ✔ git clone -b stable-2.5.x --recursive https://github.com/kimchi-project/wok.git

There are also some packages available for download at:
            ✔http://kimchi-project.github.io/wok/downloads/http://kimchi-project.github.io/kimchi/downloads/

Go ahead! Give it a try and let us know what you think!

Although the Wok and Kimchi development have slowed down due the small number of active developers,
Kimchi and Wok are still alive! And I will do my best to keep them going.
Any help on any area is more than welcome. I count on you to make it better and better. ;-)

Regards,
Aline Manera