[Kimchi-devel] Gluster Mounts with LibGFAPI

WK wkmail at bneit.com
Tue Jun 6 18:11:20 UTC 2017

I am playing with GlusterFS on Kimchi (simple replication mount).

Gluster has made a lot of improvements in the past year or so with the
introduction of 'sharding' which dramatically speeds up the re-heal
'lock' time  when you lose a brick.

For now I am using the native mount (FUSE) and telling kimchi about it
using the DIR type. that works fine and is I believe how oVirt supports
Gluster.

Then I plan on using the libgfapi mount which is supported by Libvirt
directly.

Has the Kimchi client ever looked into supporting either the fuse mount
or libgfapi mount from the panel rather than hand doing it with virsh?

-bill