[moVirt] Some thoughts about moVirt

Tomas Jelinek tjelinek at redhat.com
Tue Feb 10 08:05:47 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

good start is this - a step by step how to setup the devel env: https://github.com/matobet/movirt

> - i.e - I'm at my other in law's house - we have DSL modem  +
> wireless network at home.
> I have Galaxy note S4, linux machine

this is fine

> + eclipse  + android plugin. Now what?

this is not :) eclipse has been pretty much abandoned by google and setting up the devel env in it is somewhere in between impossible and totally impossible.
Just follow the description from the page above - you need the http://tools.android.com/download/studio/canary/1-0-0

Than you can use this IDE to either open an emulator of the android device (if you have strong machine it is fine) or you can connect your phone using USB to the machine and
deploy movirt to it directly (it supports also remote debug, logs etc).

> How can I "surf" from my mobile device to a local oVirt installation?

so, if the machine with ovirt is connected to the wifi router and your mobile is connected to the same router, you are on the same network. So lets say the engine's ip is:
192.169.122.2
and it is listening on https, than in movirt in settings page fill something like this:
https://192.169.122.2:443/ovirt-engine/api
and in the same settings pick "Disable HTTPS" to avoid to play with the certs.

Tomas