[node-devel] ovirt node installation on x64 servers

Shu Ming shuming at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Dec 8 13:56:41 UTC 2011

Hi,
   We built a ovirt-node iso image to install on a x64 server.  And the
iso image can be installed with successful message in the end.  But, the
installed ovirt-node can not be booted from the disk directly.  With a
help from ovirt-node CD and changing the grub boot parameters from
"live:CDLABLE=xxxxxxx" to "live:LABEL=Root",  ovirt-node can be booted
from the hard disk.  It is annoying to use an additional CD to boot
ovirt-node from the target disk.  How can I check if the boot code is
installed correctly on the hard disk?  And how can I make the hard disk
boot-able without a CDROM?

--
Shu Ming<shuming at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
IBM China Systems and Technology Laboratory