[node-devel] Automation Plans for ovirt-node

simonjin simonjin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Oct 13 02:44:21 UTC 2011

On 10/11/2011 04:45 PM, Mike Burns wrote:
> I've been working on plans for automating ovirt-node builds and testing.
> I've added a page to the ovirt.org wiki to track my plans and status of
> where we're at.
>
> http://ovirt.org/wiki/Node_Automation
>
> Comments and suggestions are welcome.

This is really great news, automation build&test&release is really
needed in Node project.
spin up a VM for each build process is a great idea, snapshot could be
used for VM's sanity.
As for tools, for i know Buildbot(http://trac.buildbot.net/) can cover
all the goals you described,
it's a very mature tools for continuous integration, used by lot of
large community, like Mozilla.org, and it's wrote by Python.

BR,
-Yuntong