[node-devel] Automation Plans for ovirt-node

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Thu Oct 13 11:05:27 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 02:37 -0400, simonjin wrote:
> On 10/11/2011 04:45 PM, Mike Burns wrote:
> > http://ovirt.org/wiki/Node_Automation
> >
> > Comments and suggestions are welcome.
> Another thing about automatic test, Node image can't be tested on a VM
> since kvm doesn't support nest VMs, in this case , lots of physic
> machines needed for testing, and each testing process will be really
> time&resource consuming because it involves image installation process,
> how do we deal with this ?

Yes, this is a problem that I'm not 100% sure how to solve at the
moment.  A lot of the answer might depend on how the infrastructure
group of ovirt.org decides to provide resources.  A large portion of the
tests we want to do can be run with the ovirt-node iso running in a vm.
They *might* even be doable in a nested vm using emulation, though I'd
rather avoid that path if possible.

I think that right now, we can't really make a call on how to do this
testing until the oVirt.org infrastructure team and board figure out how
we're going to make resources like this available.

Mike