[node-devel] I18N support in oVirt Node

Fabian Deutsch fabian.deutsch at gmx.de
Wed Feb 15 22:10:51 UTC 2012

Hey,

to open oVirt Node to a wider and non-english speaking audience it might
help to add some I18N support to node.

Currently it seems as if it wasn't the highest priority adding i18n to
node. I couldn't find traces in the init scripts or the tui sources.
But both parts require user interaction and should therefor be at least
translated to give non-english speakers a chance to use node.

I'd propose to start with adding some gettext infrastructure to the
present python sources and identify and extract the relevant strings in
a next step.
The init scripts, which are currently plain bash scripts, can be left
aside right now, because it might make more sense to add gettext while
migrating them to python [1].

Any thoughts on this? And volunteers to translate some strings? :)
I can provide some de_DE strings.

Greetings
fabian

--