[node-devel] Support for stateless nodes

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 16:47:31 UTC 2012

On 22/02/12 18:25, Mike Burns wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-22 at 18:10 +0200, Doron Fediuck wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

>>> vdsm-reg runs on *every* boot anyway and renames the bridge.  This is
>>> something that was debated previously, but it was decided to re-run it
>>> every boot.
>>>
>> Close, but not exactly; vdsm-reg will run on every boot, but
>> if the relevant bridge is found, then networking is unchanged.
>
> Yes, that's true, but vdsm-reg doesn't persist the changes it makes.  So
> on the next boot, it will never find the management bridge it's looking
> for.  So while the condition is there to skip it, it will actually never
> find the bridge and will run the rename every boot.

Sounds like a bug to me.
Last time I handled it, network configuration was persisted.
You can see in line 102 here:
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=vdsm.git;a=blob;f=vdsm_reg/vdsm-reg-setup.in;h=c51f40c53f5303cfb447cedf5bc0c16228cb876d;hb=HEAD

--

/d

"Who's General Failure and why's he reading my disk?"