[node-devel] CIM support in oVirt Node

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Feb 29 12:27:21 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 04:17:43PM -0500, Mike Burns wrote:
> Adding others who have commented on cim previously.
>
> On Tue, 2012-02-28 at 16:10 -0500, Mike Burns wrote:
> > Based on discussions with various people, we decided to go forward with
> > sblim-sfcb over tog-pegasus as the cim provider in ovirt-node.  I'm
> > working on setting the patches to add this support to ovirt-node and
> > I've already hit the first issue.
> >
> > libvirt-cim requires tog-pegasus.  Is this actually a hard requirement?
> > Can this be changed to some generic "Requires cim" that both tog-pegasus
> > and sblim-sfcb could provide?  If not, are there any issues with us
> > blacklisting tog-pegasus?

I'm pretty sure I heard/read Chip say in the past that they used sblim
in regression testing :-) I think the Require is the result of RHEL
packaging where tog-pegasus was the only one present. Also I don't
know (but might exist) any construct allowing

Requires: tog-pegasus or sblim-sfcb

as you said the only way in rpm is to define a generic provide
(maybe more specific than just 'cim' what about 'cim-server') then
Requires: cim-server
in the libvirt-cim and add the Provides: cim-server in all server
packages. The only problem with that is that we ultimately need to
"fix" all packages.

The first thing would be to make bug requests against tog-pegasus
sblim-sfcb to have that added. Unfortunately I don't think we can
get this in RHEL-6.3 at this point...

Daniel