[node-devel] Can not get Node to connect properly

Michel van Horssen mvanhorssen at vluchtelingenwerk.nl
Wed Feb 29 14:54:28 UTC 2012

Hi,

I was fighting with the node to connect to my engine. mburns told me on IRC that you can only configure 1 network interface in the node tui and had to do the other one in the management interface on the engine server.

Thing is:

a. I have a management network and a separate iSCSI network
b. I'm working with a DNS in an AD using .local as a domain extension

Having installed my first host with a minimal FC16 and a vdsmd I learned that the iSCSI network needs to be connected to the node/host which connects to the engine. And first install from the management interface needs the connecting host/node to be able to resolve the engines name. For that to take place I needed a "search domainname.local" in my /etc/resolve.com

If the "a" is not needed then at least "b" is, but when I put a host name of host.domainame.local in the node tui I get a warning telling me it is an "invalid hostname". And is "Non operational" in the management interface.

Any help?

Thnx,

Michel