[node-devel] ovirt-node uefi status update

Joey Boggs jboggs at redhat.com
Thu Jan 5 19:06:47 UTC 2012

On 01/05/2012 01:42 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 01:36:45PM -0500, Joey Boggs wrote:
>
>> Just to throw out multipath/dev-mapper  If I mount /dev/mapper/XXXXX
>> its there, if I kill multipath and partprobe /dev/sda it there as
>> well.
>>
>> It's an asus p8h61-m le motherboard I'm testing with that has the ez
>> bios if that adds anything
> Ok. Just to avoid some other corner cases - does it work if you just do
> a normal EFI install to the bare metal?

fresh boot, killed everything running/mounted from the /dev/mapper lvm
devices
multipath -F
service multipathd stop

dd'd the first 50MB of the disk then ran:

parted /dev/sda
mklabel gpt
mkpart efi 0M 255M
set 1 boot on
mkpart root 256M 512M
partprobe /dev/sda
sda1/sd2 exist
mkfs.vfat -F32 /dev/sda1
mount /dev/sda2 /liveos
mkdir /liveos/efi
mount /dev/sda1 /liveos/efi
grub2-efi-install /dev/sda --boot-directory=/liveos
# successful, no errors
efibootmgr -v
# looks the same
umount /liveos/efi
umount /liveos
reboot

Now I get a grub prompt, anything else I can possibly rule out to narrow
it down? its a start now :)