[node-devel] ovirt-node uefi status update

Joey Boggs jboggs at redhat.com
Mon Jan 9 01:10:12 UTC 2012

On 01/05/2012 02:13 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 02:06:47PM -0500, Joey Boggs wrote:
>
>> Now I get a grub prompt, anything else I can possibly rule out to
>> narrow it down? its a start now :)
> If the EFI entries are the same then there's something different about
> the partitions - can you give parted's idea of the partition table in
> both cases, along with the efibootmgr -v and make sure that the grub
> executable installed looks the same?

Partitions appear the same, if I go through the motions I did before but
using /dev/mapper/1ATAXXXXXXX, I narrowed it down a bit more

mklabel /dev/mapper/1ATAXXXXX
mkpart efi 1M 256M
mkpart root 256M 512M
mkfs.vfat -F32 /dev/mapper/1ATAXXXXp1
*** this reports "unable to get drive geometry, using default 255/63 on
/dev/mapper/XXXp1" *** not a deal breaker it looks like though

mke2fs /dev/mapper/1ATAXXXXp2
mount /dev/mapper/1ATAXXXXp2 /liveos
mkdir /liveos/efi
mount /dev/mapper/1ATAXXXXp1 /liveos/efi

  grub2-efi-install /dev/mapper/1ATAXXX --boot-directory=/liveos
*** reports output of efibootmgr -v and the below error
    Could not open disk: No such file or directory
    Installation Finished. No Error Reported

  grub2-efi-probe --target=device -v /liveos
** /dev/mapper/1ATAXXXXp2

  grub2-efi-probe --target=device -v /liveos/efi
**  /dev/mapper/1ATAXXXXp1

efibootmgr -c -l \\EFI\\ovirt\\grubx64.efi -L ovirt --gpt -d
/dev/mapper/1ATAXXXX
** returns fine, no error

My guess is some translation in the grub2-efi-install is going wrong...
causing  "Could not open disk: No such file or directory"

Peter any ideas?