[node-devel] CIM plugin for oVirt Node

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Jan 30 13:45:40 UTC 2012

  Hi everybody,

I guess the best is to ask Chip Vincent about those oVirt Node
integration issues. CIM is not always trivial to setup in a normal
RHEL environment, and I'm afraid nobody tried it on a read-only
root/stateless environment. Chip I think the expertise from some
of your libvirt-cim team is needed there, I guess the best is to provide
an image to someone knowledgeable in the set-u and have him check
the issues. Maybe Eduardo ro you can have a look ?

  thanks !

Daniel

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 10:39:03AM -0500, Perry Myers wrote:
> One of the items on our backlog has been to include CIM server/providers
> on oVirt Node.  Initially we'll do this statically and include things
> like sblim, tog-pegasus, libvirt-cim as part of the core Node recipe.

P.S.: shouldn't only one of sblim/tog-pegasus be needed and not both ?
      One server should be sufficient isn't it and the goal is still
      to limit the size of images. Which one to pick may be the result
      of which one is the easier to coerce to work in root RO mode,
      or the smaller of the two ...