[node-devel] CIM and oVirt Node

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Mon Mar 26 16:04:51 UTC 2012

I'm working on debugging oVirt Node and CIM and have run into some
problems.  I'm hoping that posting here will pull in some of the CIM
experts to help with debugging.

With the 2.3.0-1.0 release version[1], we were getting an error:

# wbemcli ein -noverify
https://cim:password@192.168.122.173/root/virt:KVM_VirtualSystemManagementService
*
* wbemcli: Cim: (3) CIM_ERR_INVALID_NAMESPACE: Invalid namespace
*

I talked to DV (cc'ed) about this and he recommended trying the F17
version of libvirt-cim.  I rebuilt the image using this version and
tried again.

$ wbemcli ein -noverify
https://cim:password@192.168.122.173/root/virt:KVM_VirtualSystemManagementService
*
* wbemcli: Cim: (6) CIM_ERR_NOT_FOUND: Provider not found or not
loadable
*

$ rpm -q libvirt-cim sblim-sfcb
libvirt-cim-0.6.1-2.fc17.x86_64
sblim-sfcb-1.3.11-2.fc16.x86_64

Any ideas or hints for further debugging?

Thanks

Mike

[1]http://ovirt.org/releases/stable/binary/ovirt-node-iso-2.3.0-1.0.fc16.iso