[node-devel] about collectd in ovirt-node

Bohai (ricky) bohai at huawei.com
Tue Aug 6 03:20:01 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

In lateset ovirt-node, I found after a weeks passwd, the /var/log/ become no space.
The reason is the messages file to occupy too many space.

In messages file, I found a lot of the below info:
"Filter subsystem:Built-in target` write ': Dispatching value to all write plugins failed with
status 2 (ENOENT). Most likely this means you didn't load any write plugins".

I googled the message, and the reason is that collect's write plugins is not configured.

Whether it's better to disable collectd service default after install before we configure it to avoid the problem.

Best regards to you.
Ricky