[node-devel] Action needed: Node's default network layout?

Fabian Deutsch fabiand at redhat.com
Fri Jun 14 09:12:17 UTC 2013

Hey,

I've been working on allowing different network layouts in Node.
Currently we allow two: bridged and NIC.

bridged:
The primary nic is the one and only slave of a bridge, and the bridge
has all the IP configuration.

direct:
The primary nic has the IP configuration.

'briged' is our up to now default configuration. I suggest to switch to
the "direct" layout by default.
It's simple (less error prone) and gives consumers of Node the
flexibility to do whatever they want with networking, without needing to
take care of our existing bridge.

What do you think?

Greetings
fabian