[node-devel] New networking setup stuff

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Mon Jun 17 20:07:28 UTC 2013

On 06/17/2013 03:54 PM, Fabian Deutsch wrote:
> Am Montag, den 17.06.2013, 15:42 -0400 schrieb Mike Burns:

>>> Yep, I actually don't know the patch - maybe I need to reorganize it -
>>> but it's set in the NIC Details configuration, "Use bridge?   [ ]"
>>
>> Unless i missed the patch, I'm not seeing this.  I did checkout of this
>> patch, rebased on top of latest git, and built:
>>
>> http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/15700/
>
> I fixed it up in one of the bond related patches.

>>> Yep, also ran into that one.

>>> Yep, renamed it to "Basic Network Configuration", or maybe some other
>>> wording?
>>
>> NIC Configuration or Network Interface Configuration
>
> ack

>>> Yep, I removed the hard coded "Bridge", now geneirc network informations
>>> are shown.
>>>

>> ACK

>>> Yes, it should be there.
>>
>> Can you tell me what is in which log?
>>
>> ovirt.log
>> ovirt-debug.log
>> ovirt-node.log
>>
>> And can/should we consolidate?
>
> Ah, now I see your point.
> ovirt.log - our legacy logfile, it will stay around until we migrated
>              all legacy code.
>
> ovirt-debug.log - debug level logger
> ovirt-node.log - info level logger (much much less informations)
>
> On the long run ovirt.log and ovirt-node.log will be "merged",
> ovirt-node.debug.log can be disabled, maybe we can add a fag to enable
> it ..

Ok, that makes some sense.  I think making debug mode configurable makes
sense, though if we do that, we could drop ovirt-debug.log completely, I
think and just have debug logs go into the main log file.

That way, we log just info in the ovirt-node.log file and only log debug
if the configuration is set to enable debugging.

Mike