[node-devel] Versioning of oVirt Node

Fabian Deutsch fabiand at redhat.com
Thu Apr 3 09:04:07 UTC 2014

Am Montag, den 31.03.2014, 05:08 -0400 schrieb Barak Azulay:

> [...]

Mh.
What about picking up Alon's (IIRC) suggestion to use subdirs.
The "old" names would reside in the path where they are now.
And new isos are placed in a subdirectory, where the name of the
subdirectory is the targeted version (e.g. 3.4/ would contain Node's for
3.4)
That way we don't collide with the old scheme.
Newer isos could be brought to old Engines by doing some fancy
symlinking.

> 2 newer engine supporting older clustrers:
>   * assume you have 3.4 engine out with several ISOs located in the same dir,
>     Than there is an upgrade to 3.5 where the name schema changes (and in the same dir you have old name schema and new name schema),
>     Than you want to upgrade a 3.4 cluster level rhevh to the latest rhevh (with new name schema ... 3.4 cluster level)

Maybe this is also solvable by using subdirs as described above.

But maybe I'm not getting you right.

- fabian