oVirt planning / open tasks, ongoing agenda.

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Mon Aug 15 04:08:23 UTC 2011

On 08/12/2011 01:51 AM, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I thought it would be a good idea to start cobbling together some open
> task items, and framing an agenda for meetings.
>
> I've put together a *very* light schedule below, along with a
> potential agenda. At this point, I think we need to start identifying
> the major milestones between now and the first release, and finding
> owners for the tasks that need to be done to hit those milestones on
> time.  Once we have a better idea on the tasks, we'll have a clearer
> schedule.
>
> As previously suggested, I have put what is listed below on Google
> Docs. Please feel free to add in your suggestions / additions,
> particularly in the Open Tasks or Add Your Own Agenda Item areas - the
> more brains we have looking at this, the better :)
>
> (URL REDACTED - INFO: http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html)

thanks for putting this together.
some comments:

1. I noticed "oVirt Sync meeting for those officially in the program
(board)- Concall Wednesday 1:30 EST"
is this supposed to be a weekly call?
we really need something that works better for GMT+2 time zone. 1:30pm
EST is 8:30pm for us

2.Bug tracker for ovirt.org <http://ovirt.org>- discussion for devel at .
we are using the community --> ovirt project for this under
redhat.bugzilla.com

3. Git hosting information
since we use gerrit, which has an internal git repo, we need a gerrit
instance more than we need git hosting (i.e., a public gerrit will also
serve as git hosting).
specifically, we'll probably want to use some of the gerrit hooks we
have for better workflow / integration with mailing list.

Thanks,
    Itamar