oVirt planning / open tasks, ongoing agenda.

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Aug 15 19:29:41 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 07:08:23AM +0300, Itamar Heim wrote:

> 2.Bug tracker for ovirt.org <http://ovirt.org>- discussion for devel at .
> we are using the community --> ovirt project for this under
> redhat.bugzilla.com

I talked about this with Perry et al from oVirt Node, and a point we
discussed is that bugzilla.redhat.com is more often an integration
point where an upstream has a separate bug tracker. In line with oVirt
being a fully stand-alone-from-one-corporate-entity project, it seemed
to make sense to have $SomeBugTracker.ovirt.org as the upstream
location.

Since we'll need a general devel at ovirt.org for every sub-project
developer to be on, that is the perfect location to discuss which bug
tracker to use.

(This is why it will be very important that we have resourcing figured
out amongst all current and future community members so we can keep a
strong infrastructure commons going. Expect to hear about that working
group starting up ASAP.)

> 3. Git hosting information
> since we use gerrit, which has an internal git repo, we need a gerrit
> instance more than we need git hosting (i.e., a public gerrit will also
> serve as git hosting).
> specifically, we'll probably want to use some of the gerrit hooks we
> have for better workflow / integration with mailing list.

Thanks for the reminder, Perry Myers put together a nice
infrastructure list of must-haves that included gerrit, I forgot to
make sure Robyn got those detailed out in the task list.

- Karsten
team:   Red Hat Community Architecture & Leadership
uri:             http://communityleadershipteam.org
                        http://TheOpenSourceWay.org