what and why - oVirt positioning

Mendoza, Adam Adam.Mendoza at netapp.com
Wed Aug 31 21:49:27 UTC 2011

Hi Karsten,
  I believe there are other considerations as well, like:
- faster deployment of technologies due to industry and market interest
- forum for customers to have a direct link into development for new or
improved functionality
- ability for these efforts to be utilized by emerging companies,
academic users and enthusiasts but in a guided and collaborative fashion

So the focus is more on the output as opposed to the process. If the
output is in fact very new, this is a very effective way to nurture
innovation and determine viability for virtualization management.

Best,
Adam